As a lash artist, it is natural to be enthusiastic when you have a new client visiting you for pre-consultation. You need to gear up for this important meeting, as client retention is the key to boost your business. As first-timers, clients may come in with a lot of expectations and demands. They may be unaware of the exact details of the eyelash extension procedure. You may have to furnish them with more information on the volume and classic lashes. Be confident, flaunt your expertise and please your client so that they want to keep coming back to your salon. Many lash artists don’t consider a pre-counseling session important.
We give you a few reasons why it is pivotal to hold these sessions
- It is a crucial deciding factor that helps gauge if a client can wear eyelash extensions. Asking your client to visit you before she takes a plunge can help to prevent future complications. You need to understand the physical condition of the client. Explain with clarity that there is a possibility for complications like irritations or allergies. It will help to reduce the anxiety and stress the customer might experience when she faces discomfort around the eyes after her lashing sessions.
- If the client is not briefed in advance about the possible outcomes, it might lead to distrust towards your services, tainting your name. Any negative feedback can cause potential damage to your reputation and business. The lash artist or lash studio must take the final call in the best interest of both parties.
- As a lash artist, effective communication and understanding the customer’s requirements are the first steps towards building a long-lasting relationship. Customers may come in with pictures and demands that may be unrealistic. After observing the client, only the lash artist can decide if the design and volume they desire are feasible. You aim to elevate the client’s beauty; both parties need to mutually agree on the same grounds to make the client look beautiful.
- If the discussion is only one-sided, the client may feel that you are enforcing your decision on her. Make them agree with you on every detail of the outcome. As a lash artist, you may imagine the final picture, but the client may not be able to see your vision. It might confuse her in the end, making her leave the salon or visiting another lash artist. Your communication skills and lash expertise will play an essential role at this stage.
It is common for women to try more than one salon till they are delighted. For a gratifying experience, it is crucial to make your lash room comfortable for your clients. When customers have visited other salons, they can divulge their perspective about the procedures followed there. It might contain essential clues that can help your lash salon improve. It can help you survive the tough competition offered by other practitioners.
Let’s now look at what tips you need to give your clients during the pre-counseling sessions.
Eyelash extensions are a game-changer in the beauty fraternity. They can add oodles of oomph to your persona. Like celebs, they can make your eyes appear more prominent, giving a lean appearance to your face. Unlike falsies, they provide natural, long-lasting beauty to your eyes. It almost eliminates the need for any eye-makeup to make you look gorgeous even when you have stepped out of bed.
- The outcome is dependent on the length, thickness, and curl of the natural lashes. Once you have decided to go ahead, you will have to visit your lash salon for refilling sessions every two to three weeks. Each session may last for 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on the condition of the lash extensions.
- The retention of lash extensions depends on the material used for extensions, natural lash cycle, weather conditions, and the client’s lifestyle. Inform clients that proper aftercare is a must for the longer retention of lash extensions. Failing to follow instructions given by the lash artist may lead to premature lash shedding.
- A patch test is necessary to understand how the client’s skin responds to the chemicals used for eyelash extensions. It is a determiner whether it is safe to proceed further with the treatment. For a customer who has no previous lash extension experience, apply a limited number of extensions for the patch test to avoid unnecessary trouble.
- You might have to let go of your client if they have any history of allergic reactions due to lash extensions. Even clients who have sensitive skin when using beauty products may be prone to allergic reactions from the lash glue.
- There is a minor risk of inflammation or allergic reactions due to the adhesive used for lash bonding. Thus it is necessary to find out the physical condition of the client.
- You can use your past photos, design books, or computer graphics to help the client decide what suits her best. Inform clients to come fresh, without make-up for their lash appointments.
What questions must lash salons ask while booking an appointment for first-timers?
- 1. Is it your first time with eyelash extensions?
If not, before, how much time were the extensions applied? Inform them that the outcome and durability of the lashes will depend on the state of the wings.
- 2. Are you pregnant?
It is essential to prepare pregnant clients in advance as you need to lie still in the same position for a sufficiently long duration.
- 3. Are you prepping up for an upcoming event or occasion?
You can reconsider your recommendations for special events.
- 4. Are you taking any medications currently?
If the client is suffering from any infectious disease, politely turn them down to maintain the hygiene of the salon and the safety of staff and other clients.
- 5. Did you have any plastic surgery recently?
You will have to ask them to wait a few months before applying for the extensions.
- 6. Do you wear contact lenses?
If the client does wear, inform them to bring their glasses and contact lens case with them for the appointment.
- 7. Do you experience any inflammation or swelling when using cosmetic products?
Clients with sensitive skin are more prone to allergic reactions.
- 9. Do you suffer from any other skin reactions or allergies?
A patch test can decide if the client can go ahead with the procedure.
Wrapping it up
Wisp Lashes takes all the necessary steps, including a pre-counseling session for the benefit of their clients. When looking for an eyelash extension near me for trial, don’t forget to visit us. The plush environment in our studios and professional staff will give you the best experience for volume or classic eyelash extensions.